Skaldsong Records

Author Topic: Virtuoso Vanquish: Meizarae (2018)  (Read 1095 times)

Offline The Skald

• Creator
  • Administrator
  • *Frolics Away!*
    • View Profile
Re: Virtuoso Vanquish: Meizarae (2018)
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2018, 10:49:25 AM »
[Posted in Discord 7/7/18]

Attention Players:

I am prematurely ending the current Virtuoso Vanquish going on the forum. I feel its beyond unfair to keep your characters in holding when we have no sights of an end months in like this. Myself included, we seem to have run into one thing after another that causes RP to take a back seat and has been detrimental to the overall plot.

So for the story's sake, it will be a tactical retreat and politically a loss. Prasino Kolaz will suffer some changes that will be reflected in the room line up... and while there won't be a winner or accolades given, Participants will still find a reward for sticking with it in their applicable profile 'soon'.  For your characters, it will be up to you if they accrue any damages. Maybe they develop a grudge. Maybe they die.

As usual if you need me, message. I will get to you as I can, and dont feel bad about nudging me more than once, I need it sometimes!

Offline Meizarae

• Virtuoso of Misery
  • Fledgling
  • Misery Loves Company
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2018, 10:58:48 AM »
Defense against Archers
Rolled 20d20 : 8, 15, 18, 3, 3, 1, 3, 20, 14, 11, 12, 20, 3, 12, 15, 13, 13, 12, 17, 14, total 227

Against Aleksandr
Rolled 1d20 : 14, total 14

Offline Meizarae

• Virtuoso of Misery
  • Fledgling
  • Misery Loves Company
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »
The opening was clear, but as the Skaldic Artifact "Marcato" came in contact of the screaming Virtuoso, cleaving a gash into her shoulder blades the world writhing within the bounds of Elysion's building froze. Smoke shot from the Woman-in-Black's new wound, faster and more aggressively than the pockmarked holes from the arrows that landed a hit through her screech. Sound had stopped so abruptly as if it had been swallowed back into each of their throats. Their hearts thudding a heavy bass into their ears, vibrating in their chests like the stomping steps of giants.

Ba-dumt....

Ba-dumpt.....

Ba-dumpt...

The scene then shattered, an unknown and windy force pushing outward from the impact, those still funneling into the 'arena' were sent back through off the property of twice fallen temple. Stalkers in the trees outside would feel a lesser but still potent force pushing them to leave.

Battle trained and farm worked mounts alike became unhinged, forcing the General of Battaglia to call a retreat and register his forces at the forward camp.

Those that had rounded to the other side of the room waiting for that moment would be slammed hard into whatever wall or pillar in their way of the wind-gust path... but they would bear half witness to the continuation of the implosion of Meizarae.

Choral chanting replaced the beating of hearts. Gold trickled into view, tiny flakes amid the black cloud filling the battle room until the foe had been blanketed into obscurity. Her scream returned as suddenly as it had gone, only to break into the crackle and snap of wood as dark and gnarled tendrils shot from her former location.
Big twisting branches and vines reached for purchase on the buildings remains, punching holes through weak points until the place was collapsing in a more final heap.

Offline The Skald

• Creator
  • Administrator
  • *Frolics Away!*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »
Long after the dust had settled and retreats were made... the natives to Prasino Kolaz would note that the sparkling gold flecks remained in the air like tricks of the eye. The vines that had encased the rubble had turned to stone, a malady that spread ever so slightly into the surrounding jungle, petrifying the flora as far as their cursed roots and vines reached.

Unrecoverable bodies, the ones left behind because the almost and nearly dead were more important than the all dead in the evacuation setting, were also lost to the stone casing developing in the area. The jungle was not in danger, it seemed, as the native fauna would start to bloom again.

And with prey, predators return to feed on them.