Skaldsong Records

Author Topic: May 2019  (Read 257 times)

Offline The Skald

• Creator
  • Administrator
  • *Frolics Away!*
May 2019
« on: May 02, 2019, 12:04:21 AM »
This update is in regards to a major update that will happen FRIDAY MAY 3RD.

I have achieved greatness!

I gloat, but really, something I have wanted from the very beginning is now a reality as we have our own Single Sign On! You will now only have to register once to have access to the site and the forum. This means that when you log in, you will be logged into both! I am over the moon to provide this at last, it has taken me way too long.

That's not all: For those of you who have known this code as long as I have-- you know that it suffers a lot of holes, security and otherwise. By succeeding in this, I have now sealed up a ~major~ security flaw. It also fixed the long-lost Password Recovery and allow you to update account details as we are using a more professionally built system to provide it.

"But I never signed up to the forum! What will happen to my current account?"

Nothing. Sign up, the system will search the user table of the site to find your original account if there are matching details and proceed as normal. If there is no match it will prompt you. If this prompt is an error, or if you don't see your list of characters, reach out to The Skald ASAP to remedy.
Note: Characters will still be housed separately. So characters on the chat side will not automatically become sub-accounts on the forum, or vice versa. Sub accounts are still an *optional* function of the forum.

Why such short notice?!
I feel confident that the transaction will be fairly smooth given our smaller player base. I wanted to also ensure that I would be around unconditionally to help with any transition woes. This update also concerns some serious security improvements so I want to act on it ASAP.  You should also consider changing your passwords, for peace of mind.

Updates in effect as of this posting:
  • You can now add your Discord details to your forum profile, if you would like. Depending on your settings with Discord, people may or may not be able to contact or add you.
  • Guilds now see the latest posts of their public boards while within chat. The -Members Only- section of their board will have to be seen on the forum. Still looking into a fix there.
  • New items and shops will be added this week prior to the new login roll out.

Offline The Skald

• Creator
  • Administrator
  • *Frolics Away!*
Re: May 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 06:29:42 PM »
This is a reminder/notification that the change has been made. If you encounter any problems do not hesitate to reach out.

Minor updates will continue to follow, but none that will affect your ability to log in, create characters, or play!

Maybe we should party.  ;D