Skaldsong Records

 

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
Inizio D'oro / Re: Countryside
« Last post by Arwick Tinuveil on October 09, 2019, 06:15:21 PM »
Cont:

Travis:

Anything else to talk a out? Oh, there was a lot but right now they were somewhat satisfied with what was talked about at the present moment. More to come! So stay tuned for next week's...

"I would say yes but, there might be...," From the color of dried blood to bloody crimson it was clear it wasn't, "Just one more detail to go over."

The mood change to from serious bored, that I am here to do a job and keep calm. To, well now! Someone forgot to invite me and let me put my two cents in! Smirking as if he knew a secret he would place his elbows on the table, lace his fingers together, and rest his chin upon them.

"Would like to discuss more about your abilities but we know and have a feeling you would just flip things around, upside down, and distract us with some other topic," the eyes would flash bright then the pupils would slit up, "Very naughty Shi Shen but we will let it slide. You are sided with The Prima and not with us. No hard feelings of course!" His eyes widen at that, "Just in due time..."

The smile said so much. Then it was gone and his eyes were now locked on Arwick, "You can leave with him or stay and heal for one more day," there was a way to hurry her process up but the pain was a good lesson tool and helped with when to draw a line, "Yet listen closely for any The Hounding stories and when the time comes, don't wonder outside. Unless of course you wish to die or go missing."

His ears would perk up and the look upon his face made him look like a mischievous child waiting for her response. Still there was a debate if he would go outside this time around for this next event. After all, Amara and him some how did magically live through that ordeal. Illusion had died. The undertaker and many others missing....

 Shen:

Shen nodded to Arwick. "Yes, given what you have done recently it should be little trouble to arrange a meeting between the two of you.  So as to inform her may I ask the topic of topics you plan to discuss?"  Her arm seemed better, the way it moved, he had never been talented in the healing arts, but it seemed she was recovering nicely. Perhaps he had misjudged the wound, or perhaps there was some healing magic at work, maybe her body itself simply regenerated more quickly than your average human's.

The Baron had said that there might be more to discuss, his eyes once more changing colors, something that, with time, he was sure would tell something about the man.  It seemed that there was something else, he was not sure if it was more about his abilities, the things the Baron thought he would twist around. "Baron, I do not think that you have the right of me in such matters of sides.  I was not aware that you were on different sides, How then could I have chosen one over the other, mere happenstance has put me upon one.   It is no fault of mine, nor malice toward you that has resulted in me being where I am."

He paused a few long seconds, glancing to Arwick once more.  "You have traveled with me, though not as far as would have been prudent to avoid this sort of misunderstanding,  If you recall I was quite disappointed in the act of moving so swiftly to the capitol,  now you can see why, a possibility that seems was a bother. You have had my mentor ship when it came to uncovering the knowledge hidden here as well, and been in the place with those I have worked closely with in the city, have you heard or seen me use any power?"

His lips curled down at the sides once again as he closed his eyes for a pair of seconds. "Hmm, yes."  His words mostly to himself, then he looked up to each of them, waiting to see if they wished to discuss his powers of simply part for the time.
 
Arwick:

When the Baron asked Shen about his abilities she tilted her head slightly wondering what exactly Shen possessed as side from knowledge and seeking of such, a good reader and a bad interpreter perhaps but as far as supernatural she was unaware of such and was curious what Shen would reply

Then as the Baron spoke on the topic of The Hounding a brow raised at his jest on it but took the
warning of the options he shared seriously

“I like a game of chance as much as the next person, but as of certain exhausting events of late I don’t
believe I will be partaking in either missing or death for a while”

Her attention then went to Shen as he mentioned that the meeting would be arranged with little effort as of what had transpired recently but a look of perplexity fell over her as he asked what the topic of
topics would be discussed

“Recent events, of course”

When she named the topic, it struck her as odd as it was like she was just repeating his very question and went over it again in her own mind to make clarification of it then shrugged with a firm nod

Once Shen turned his attention to the Baron on some rattling on about taking sides she was
still musing in her own thoughts about the posters that would be made up concerning the knight and leaned her head against one hand with her elbow resting on the table not really paying much mind as it had little to do with her

As Shen addressed her seeking her opinion on his habitual persona she didn’t notice he was addressing her and there was a short silence before she looked up between the two taking notice that Shen was looking at her

“Oh, Well..yes your disappointment was noted then as it is now that the trip here was
hurried up on my part but I think it would only be fair to point out that even upon arriving when we did it was to my disappointment that you saw it more important to leave me to my own accord in which I sought out the Prima with no formal introduction to find my way and lodgings as she so graciously lent me the guild office as it was too much of a bother for
you to be of any escort, proving nothing of the sort.

If you believe that it is because of my misfortune in coming here at your request, then you would be correct in saying that is the reason the Baron has judgment of you but it’s not, that is of your own doing.

 I have not and never will be a judge of character as far as you are concerned Shi Shen, that is for you to present for yourself in which case you have. As far as your powers, I was unaware you had any.”

She looked to the Baron and have a slight dip of her head as if to signal “I have no idea” to him before looking back at Shen for the opportunity to continue addressing her if he wished
 
Travis:

A sigh was given followed by a sharp laugh. It was interesting watching the auras shimmer down to then jump up even if just a fraction. Something even if a small snap was exciting him and he would purr as his pupil's did slit up. Hell, if he had a tail it would most likely be swishing right about now.

"You two sound like lovers having spat match. Ah, adorable."

Ears would twitch as he stands up and places his hands upon the desk surface. His fingers tapping out a more exciting rhythm as he tries to contain himself smirking all along and his words sounding amused. No questions that was truly asked but he would give a brief answer.

"Lawful Chaos, that is my side," Arwick would know what he meant by that, "We are all given roles to play. Some find themselves in mere happenstances of their choice or it is picked for them. The Skald works in mysterious ways and I feel my happenstance can go either way."

A quick stop in the rhythm, "No malice towards you Shi Shen, I find you...whatever word of your choosing, to not feel that towards you," a brief look to Arwick then back to him, "Yet quite right, no right to you in the matter of sides. Though I do hope that allies are better."

With that he would leave the table and head towards the tent flap, "To quick or to slow. Ah, a lovers spat indeed. Even worst caught out in the middle of The Hounding being that will get you killed quickly," Turning he would bow and then wink when he straightens up, "I like to judge for myselfs. Whispers can only carry so much weight from others. For it can always twist and fall away when passed along. Much like swimming in dark waters with sharks with only a few life boats and dolphins about."

Falling quite to quell inside about the painting of the word picture that best describe how they saw it. There was only so much doing a boring word play could take things, "Anyways, next time, the tea party will be exciting..." With that he would leave the tent and walk off, "Nice talking to you both."
 
Shen:

Shen let out a little hmm as Arwick recounted the start of things.  "I see, well, I should say that I missed the mark in my judgement of your patience when I presented the Inn to you for your stay.  I don't think that shall matter overmuch.  In any case I should ask of you, given the timbre of this meeting, should you like to discontinue the interaction predicated on the purpose that required that trip?"

He waited for her answer, then his attention then turned back to the Baron. I am glad of that, Baron, and I look forward to the developments that are soon to come, though until then I am certain I will be occupied most thoroughly, do either of you have any requests of me until then?"
 
Arwick:

She tilted her head slightly hearing the Baron say they sounded like they were having a lovers spat and then looked to Shen for a moment as she had never seen Shen in that light. But then in the slightest moment she did think on it after all he did have much to offer as a suitor and it wouldn't be a bad match, but he probably didn't see her in that way or had given the time to consider it, he may not even find her attractive since she had nothing to offer in return

She then looked back at the Baron and gave a slight dip of her head when he spoke of the lawful chaos and didn't put more than that into it as he continued to speak on sides

As the Baron made his leave her attention came back to Shen and she looked defeated almost shameful as he elaborated on his misjudgment of her and her complete abandonment of respect towards him, he had struck a nerve with her but that should not have caused her temper to flare no matter the situation and would now attempt to salvage what he would allow

"No, I would like to continue if you would let me. I am grateful for the opportunity and am better for your mentor ship. I apologize for my behavior, not that there is any excuse for it"

She frowned and gave him all but sad puppy dog eyes hoping he would let it go once again
 
Travis:

A soft bitter laugh came out of his mouth before Travis had a chance to stop it. His eyes were glowing bright as he would bite the inside of his cheek to stop from full on laughing. The emotional auras in the tent was just hilarious to him like a roller coaster.

When it was out on the table and he was being asked, we'll both of them, a question he would smirk. Was there anything left of a request to ask. One of them had a thought and was quickly kicked back into a dark dark corner. That was not to be voices out load at this present time.

"Do your best to look for information. Keep up the fantastic working services you are providing," it would seem like he was insulting Shen but the look on his face said he wasn't looking towards Arwick he would continue on, "Same with you as well. Looking for further updates and the moving forward on continuing our somewhat interesting friendship."
 
Shen:

Shen saw her give some thought when the Baron called what they had a lover's spat.  He had, at first, taught the comment nothing more that the Baron telling at the pair.  Then, Arwick showed herself to be more interested that that, and not in a way consumed by anger. Well something to speak on, but not in front of the Baron.

With the thought, and the Baron speaking again, he glanced over to him. Amusement, no there was more that that, interesting guard the man had, but there meeting today had given him something to consider.  "I will continue as I have."

It seemed their relationship was not coming to an end and so he looked back to Arwick.  " When will you be returning to the city? I should like to meet you in the choir when you do."
 
Arwick:

Hearing the Baron from outside of the tent she would give a slight nod and a wave with her fingers then looked back to Shen as he spoke his departing words to him not really thinking much on the interaction but mostly on her meeting with the Prima then hearing Shen's question she rose a brow and shrugged lightly

"I suppose when I receive word of when to meet with the Prima, I figured I would rest a little until then and go by the Library before heading to the Manor. Unless you had something I needed to see to before then?"

She waited to hear his reply not having the slightest idea what it could be that he couldn't speak here about but she wouldn't question it

Shen:

Shen shook his head. "Well if you are to be here, then I should be out again with word of the meeting.  It is not a matter of import, but one that I should like addressed sooner than later. Should you prefer your time here be kept to yourself I will send a messenger in my stead and meet with you when you have returned to the city."

Shen looked around the tent and the seats there, considering the place for a second time after the meeting was concluded giving a little nod as he settled out the details.  "Unless there is anything more I will be off."
 
Arwick:

She stood and gave her arm a few slow bends back and forth, it was still stiff and tight but visually there were no signs of injury

"I believe I will return shortly, seems the time away has been sufficient enough.  Was there a certain time you had in mind? "

She took a few steps towards the tent opening and then proceeded to step outside, the short time here had done wonders and she was enjoying the quite and could probably stay out here indefinitely but duty calls
2
Inizio D'oro / Re: Countryside
« Last post by Arwick Tinuveil on October 09, 2019, 06:14:38 PM »
Cont:

Shen:

Shen thought about the Skald and her plans and Amara, death did not end the Skald's plans for one if it was not wanted.  That was something about the nature of this place that was interesting to him.  "Perhaps and perhaps not, when one has touched the fire rush of combat it is interesting how in some ways they are hyper observant while in others oblivious, you'll see soon, once things have calmed down I am sure."

To the baron simply a nod to his first statement, that seemed to be every string in the Tapestry.  Then he transitioned, finally, there was the reason he had been called,  the Knight, the Prima asked for him to be brought to him. Ah, yes, That would be the reason he had been asked here, a gentle smile appearing on his face. "A wanted poster would be a good idea, for the shared dreamers, as to my information on that.  I might ask do you remember my full name?  If so, then perhaps you know, and if not perhaps there is time to think on it."  A little small frown followed the second part.

"Unfortunately that is the reason I think I was asked if a shared dream is what unites them as for reconvening, that seems like it may be more fruitful.  In the mean time the posters seem like a good idea so long as he is tied to the cities, if he can survive in the wilderness well enough it could drive him into hiding that he cannot be found. Still, if nothing has surfaced on his location yet it could be the only way to stir things up."
 
Arwick:

Hearing the Baron speak of knots she nodded and quietly recited the saying that went something like “oh what a tangled web” in her mind as she listened to him go on about the tapestry, she was in agreement that a poster for the missing Knight would be a good start but didn’t offer anything as far as a voice on the matter as she had no information on the subject. She had no objections on reconvening either and just then a yawn escaped her and her eyes gave away that the day’s events were catching up to her not to mention the process of healing.

Hearing Shen speak of the fire rush of combat she raised a brow slightly wondering if he thought this was perhaps the first time she had known battle, but his impression of her background meant little to her and shrugged it off as she wouldn’t be volunteering that sort of information

She caught the smile from Shen as the Baron mentioned the posters and tilted her head slightly wondering if he though finding the Knight was the reason the Baron wanted to meet with him, surely he didn’t think that was the sole purpose otherwise this entire day was for nothing since the whereabouts of the Knight was the smallest subject of conversation, not that it wasn’t important just not as important

Just then as he asked the Baron if he knew his full name she tilted her head not understanding where the bearing was in the knowledge of his name and she mumbled aloud as she looked away “riddles in the dark” then as he mentioned things being stirred up she spoke up with the everlasting presence of respect in her tone as she addressed the Baron

“If it’s all the same to you I will take up on that offer of scheduling a time to meet with the Prima that is unless of course you wanted to reserve that meeting yourself? And I would be more than happy to oversee the making of the posters as well if you wish”
 
Travis:

Things already felt calm. Calmer than they should be but, that was to be expected after The War had ended and people started to grieve. Though under that calm there was still trouble brewing and people, or beings, taken advantage of it. One being, him.

The gentle smile and then to the little small frown made him lift a brow. A quick look inward made a ruckus as it was all pieces together quickly then thrown back out.

"We recall your name," a small nod at that. His eyes darken briefly before lighting back up to the color of dry blood, "Think not much in it but doing it. Though, are you willing to help out more?" a glance to Arwick, "Oversee the wanted posters. One for the Knight, a thousand gold. Another poster for information on regarding strange happenings fifty gold. From dreams that others share, to feeling dark dangerous powers, or that to missing people's."

His eyes would flick up to the tent flap as the shadows would grow then shrink down. A deep sigh at that as his pointy ears would swivel back, "Would say had abnormal deaths as well. The days are crossing into the upcoming, dreadfully fun, The Hounding."

As for the question on the meeting he would give a look that made him question his own sanity and theirs as well. Another sigh at that as he snaps his fingers and a spark appears, "If the Prima will allow me the honor to see her once again, so be it. She most likely won't until The Knight is found. Continue on with the meetings in my place."
 
Shen:

Shen waited patiently as the conversation  moved to the fact they did recall his name, then topics moved to those more private, it seemed just thoughts were directed his way, and to them he'd have no reply.  As for how the Baron handled gathering information, that was up to him, a great deal he was looking for, but sometimes that was the only route left to you, and each piece of information stated was something that could prove to be the piece that lead things somewhere.  He'd have to keep an eye on what was coming of that should they be posted up.

Arwick had once again turned her thoughts inward, a habit he had seen something had been mumbled, but just what it was, he did not make out, though her respect for the Baron, one that knew her ties to nature would help her more than medicine, it was something to keep in mind when dealing with the two, even thought the Baron's manner did not seem to show the same, deeper his actions did show something of a nurturing nature when it came to her at least.

"It would seem that you have moved to your own business, was there anything else that was on your mind to discuss?"  The current topics played out, if there was more dancing for more time would not help to reveal any of it, best to move things along, or to return to the city.
 
Arwick:

As the Baron had confirmed that “we recall your name” he was speaking for himself and not her but she nodded in turn that she did indeed remember his full name and made the connection then as to what he referred, she thought that was very interesting and was very curious of how that worked out

She looked to the Baron and gave him a reassuring nod that she would do whatever work was needed and take on the responsibilities of her position
 
“Of course”

Then upon hearing him speak of “The Hounding” a quizzical look fell over her as she had no idea what that was, she would make it a point to ask about it later

Hearing Shen ask of anything else to be discussed she looked to him and nodded

 "If your offer is still open to arrange the meeting with the Prima is still open, I'd like to take you up on it, let me know when the time may be available, and I will meet you there. I will see to it the posters are made and distributed"

She sat up then and rubbed her arm taking notice that is was not as tender as it was when the meeting started it was healing nicely as well as her side then brought her attention back to Shen for his confirmation one way or the other
3
Inizio D'oro / Re: Countryside
« Last post by Arwick Tinuveil on October 09, 2019, 06:12:56 PM »
Cont:

Travis:

A subtle roll of his eyes and a flash of his fangs. Right now he was more annoyed than pissed off. Allowing the calmer greedy side for information to come out. So far, he was providing the most out of all three. Which, made him just annoyed enough to smile at Shen like a cat eyeing a mouse that was about to get messed with.

"Well in order to understand something sacrifices must be made," the smile still in place, "Is that not what one does." It wasn't a question, it was a statement. Just left out the, for the greater good, part.

Just like a roach, he had things in place to ensure he comes. Some how or another. Didn't mean that The Skald or someone couldn't figure away to take him out. Or it could be his smugness was making him think he could out live a lot of things. Eh, oh well.

Glancing to Arwick he would still smile on, "Maybe the artifact might be a clue. Maybe there is more clues hidden about and some have it. Others are hidden. If not some are in our very faces yet are not seen..." A shrugs at that, "As for the forgotten pioneer I have pretty much told what was said. The dream. Prima healing the Knight with her blood and The Forgotten Prisoner helping out until a dark powerful presence came and made him demon out."

Tapping his nails across his thigh to a beat only he could hear. A slow melody at first and picking up to drop off. His free hand running his fingers through his hair helping add to the thoughtful expression on his face. It wasn't a real question so, not more to tell.

"All though," he seems to perk up and his ears twitch, "Arwick," those darken eyes turn to her that resemble dry blood, "Did you learn anything before your unfortunate daring rescue?" It would sound like he was teasing her but his eyes were shining with pride. As I'd saying, at least you didn't die.
 
Shen:

Shen's eyes pulled their focus back, now on neither of the two, he could sense the atmosphere that had come to be, a tension in Arwick that was something he expected in the Baron after what he said. He felt the mood change in the conversation, then Arwick buried her feet in the dirt, he had indeed said nothing on the topic of the artifact, that was true.  He kept her in the side of his thoughts, she had always been quick to take up on emotion, and now she grounded herself, was that something, or simply part of the person that she was, another question, a curiosity for another time?

He could tell that the man before him has little respect for him at the rolling of eyes, then something he had not expected, a little flash of the fangs, ignorance, an irritation, pointing it out,  something more.  Then that look, like a cat eyeing something he was about to eat, interesting.  Would he do something or was it just a display?  Shen left his focus out at the two,  He was not what he once was and knew if they decided to make trouble.

"Knowledge can be gained in many ways," he responded almost instantly as The Baron began to speak on what it took to understand something.  "Many require sacrifice, yes, perhaps all if you consider the loss of opportunity to understand something else at the same time."
He continued on to talk on the Artifact and how it might be a clue, ones that are shown, ones that are hidden, the dream, the presences, all the while as he finished the fingers tapping, not in a set rhythm, what it was that had that little bit of his focus, that had seen it drawn to his fingers who could say, another thing to keep in mind.

The eyes turned to Arwick and asked off topic if she had learned something,  was that pride in them, there was an emphasis on the work learn?  did that mean something there, hmm, well in any case, he'd have to wait to see if the new topic related to him at all, staying quiet for the time, staying relaxed leaning, after all what was to be done here,  if they wished to press him, they had chosen a good place for it, and he had gambled that what they wished to discuss was important enough to be worth the risk.  For the moment it seemed the trip had been an interesting one, hints if not knowledge revealed, perhaps as the conversation shifted he'd see it was not to a new topic, but to a different side of the same one.
 
Arwick:

She could feel the shift of emotion in the Baron and didn’t even need to look at him, the mood in the immediate area between the three was getting nothing done, and she sighed lightly silently wishing she had a book or something that cold occupy her time as she was completely done with the entire thing, this round and round game of questions and no answers apparently nobody knew anything and speculation was all there was.
The tapping seemed to be of a rhythm of war drums and she gave a slight smirk as it was a continuous war on the inside with him and she could relate just to a different extent
Looking to the Baron then as he directed his attention to her in the form of a stated question she traced her fingers over the tabletop and shrugged

“No, not yet I haven’t, seems the Skald has plans for me yet. It was purely instinct to put myself in front of the Prima, as a subject it is my duty regardless of position or status. It all happened so fast I doubt the Prima is aware of my actions but more of my health”

She wasn’t in the slightest boastful but rather matter of fact she expected nothing from her actions. Glancing to Shen she caught him looking to her feet as they were covered with the dirt and wiggled her toes playfully. It was part of who she was, nature and the elements played a large part of who she was, after all she was an elf more than her human counterpart among other things
 
Travis:

"Well then," the tone was sarcastic as if he was verbally slapping one in the face. At least some information was given out and somethings was mention. Still this going around and around the bush chasing the damn weasel was about to make one set shit on fire. Likely, this one wasn't close to doing it.

"Seems The Skald is having fun letting us have one string in the tapestry's pattern and unraveling it then throwing us a bundle of knots." A light shrug at that, "If not, not looking to hard for the information for not in the right place or time..."

A question to be asked to another and yet to get derailed. The plan didn't go to well in that department but did give us something to work with. Only time could tell if it work d into their favor.

"Anyways," the tapping stops, "Maybe The Knight there has more answers. Thing is, he is missing. The Prima wants him found and to be handed over to you," a look to Shen, "A search is on but...." A shrug to that. Leaving it to hang in the air, "Maybe a wanted poster of information for what we are somewhat looking for might turn up results."

Looking outside the tent flap he would go silent. The shadows we're whispering again. To bad it was irrelevant information, "Do you have anything to put in?" A look to Shen, "If not maybe we should reconvene some weeks from now and see if any progress is made."
4
Inizio D'oro / Countryside
« Last post by Arwick Tinuveil on October 09, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »
Setting: Tent
Players: Arwick Tinuveil, Shi Shen & Travis

Shen:

Shen looked between them, at the sneer, at how it seemed to temper Arwick,s normally volitile behavior, there was nothing overt, but shortness quicknes in change of flow seemed to have been stemmed. Listening to the two speaking he added a little about Arwick and why she was there. He thought about it for a moment what did he know. "Well you have heard of the dream then, that is similar, but each person describes their impression of it differently, It has something to so with the last time the virtuosos were active, though just what...well records are limited, it is something that I have been looking into a fair amount, though as you know there is little in the way of information about that time so I have not uncovered much."

He then looked to Arwick. "I would be happy to hear anything that you know about those events, or the circumstances surrounding them."

Arwick:

Taking a few sips of the wine she tilted her head slightly and closed her eyes for a short moment as she spoke

"I knew nothing of it until the evening the Prima summoned me over to bear witness to Amara being discharged from the guilds care and into hers. The Prima asked Amara if she had the experience of the dreams and she attested that she had and showed some surprise at the fact that she knew of them to the exact extent of them. Could it be that the Prima shares the same?"

She opened her eyes and looked to Shen before taking another sip of the wine.

"It stands to reason that if the dreams were active during the time of the Virtuosos it may be tied to them or perhaps, and artifact that somehow all involved in having the dreams share a link?"

She puzzled about the speculation as the wine was starting to help suppress the pain and clear her mind

Travis:

At the word 'Virtuoso' Travis would look more serious. Those times flashing briefly before his eyes before dying away again. Both sides were on either team and they both had different information to bring to the table. Plus the smirk on his smug face just screamed, I knew it.

"Seems to me someone or something took great care to not have much information left behind," knocking on the table top he would then spread his hand over the books and parchments, "Gaps missing in timelines. Things seeming to be written over. Some how one remembers details differently than another."

A shake of his head right there to stop himself. Gather thoughts in order to make sense without just running his mouth off. So he would wait glancing from Arwick to Shen. Though as Arwick said the questions, there would be noise.

There was a mini fight going on inside his head with what card to play next. It was questions! And they had the answers! They had to speak!

"Anyways," his eyes did darken to nearly black, "Samael, the forgotten prisoner, the demon that was seen in The Choir making a ruckus. Said that it felt a powerful dark presence in Asphodel's when the knight, the prima, and the demon was all there. It mentioned that over and over again about The Prima giving blood to heal The Knight and the dream. As if the damn guy was on a loop over reliving and repeating that night again. The Tree. The moon. The wolf. Dark strong power and wanted to go after it and made my berserk out. Pretty much black out."

A hand gesture was then made, "To back it up, since I was there for certain parts. Amara guild home base was in Elysion where the Virtuoso was sitting in there and the armies of men was slaughtering themselves," another hand gesture there, "They all share the same. The Prima, Amara, and Samael and maybe some others."
 
Shen:

Shen looked between the pair of them as they both gave what they knew from their perspective, Arwick and The Baron both with their bits of information and their questions,  Shen watched each of them closely, and nodded as they relayed what was said.

He addressed Arwick's speculation first.  "Perhaps it is, but one cannot really be sure.  Should you like to speak with the Prima about these dreams, I would be happy to conduct the formalities of setting up a meeting with either one of you."  He glanced to Travis before back to Arwick watching her start to introspect as Travis began to talk He had a feel for the man and something about the topic caught a type of attention that had not been there before.

"Well that is not necessarily true, nor do I believe it is false.  Be careful Baron when dealing with those things that are not understood. I should not think that that is true, nor should I think it is untrue, simply we do not have enough information about it.  Think about the Tapestry, one might take care and pluck from it all things that came from one, or one might take one strand of the tapestry and leave it untouched by a flame retardant coat, then light the thing on fire so it burns away, things close to it unraveling a little so it seems that care was taken, when really it was quite the opposite."

He then listened to the focus of the man, having given him a second thing to think on, now or later,  he thought about it.  "A question on the topic you spoke on, the forgotten prisoner, can you tell me more about them and what you know, it seems that could have some bearing on the circumstance."  He answered,  cautious as he did.  Darkening eyes were those of a focus generally more primal that intellectual, so he would measure his responses when it came to that, eyes glancing to Arwick to see if she had the same.  Earth to relax, interesting.
 
Arwick:

As Samael, the forgotten prisoner was mentioned she flexed her jaw, she was not settled in how she intended to react just yet though for now she would let it go and bide the time. Then as the Baron answered her question about the shared dream she gave a slight nod and took notice to the hand gestures and wouldn’t press him with questions about it accepting that if he wanted her to know anything he would relay that to her when he felt the time was appropriate.

Her eyes grew wide as Shen passed warning to the Baron about dealing with things that are not understood, and she looked to the Baron as if waiting for any indication that she should act in his behalf of Shen’s disrespect, he would have no idea exactly what the Baron may or may not understand, but as the Baron’s eyes darkened she quickly glanced at Shen and could see he took notice to the change and she relaxed as the misunderstandings and misinterpretations in conventional terms that seriously interfered with Shen’s scholarly communication were clear.

Shen didn’t understand the Baron nearly as much as he thought he did and now it seemed as though it was the scholar, the adviser that was not letting on in his knowledge and that annoyed her. He knew much more and the complete disregard of her mentioning an artifact was either null or inopportune for him to acknowledge.

She settled her eyes on the neutral bottle of wine and waited to see who surfaced before she would give any answer on a meeting with the Prima in case the Baron wanted to take up that opportunity himself burying her bare feet in the dirt that made up the floor of the tent grounding herself
 
5
Discussion / Re: Participants Wanted
« Last post by Amara on September 10, 2019, 11:58:19 PM »
I have some characters that need killing off, if you want to have a kill - contact Amara (Je Suis Calme) On the discord server :)
6
The Choir / Re: Job Board
« Last post by The Skald on September 02, 2019, 06:51:02 PM »

OOC: psst, Hal might have a counter offer if you care to oblige...
7
Uhrwerkstadt / Re: [Event] Part 1: Thieves
« Last post by The Skald on September 01, 2019, 05:54:25 PM »
~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*A traveling band of mercenaries or adventures, he couldn't tell. But when the distinct sound and movement of weapons starting to be drawn occurs, it was the kobold's general intention to startle the crap out of just about anyone with a loud, bellowing and force of presencethat his bagpipes often demanded of unsuspecting ears. The loud note billowed from around the corner, disrupting commerce and maybe a few equilibriums.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She steps back slightly taking notice to those looking on and raises her head slightly as though she was in control of the situation all the while

"Oh, my finger must have been caught in the strings. I beg your pardon."

This was her flimsy excuse to the tug of war. Then when the man did inspect the contents and expressed discontent she leaned over and tried to see for herself what was there, unable to see what it was she stepped back into the onlookers and watched from a safe distance as there would be loose accusations among them

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa watched on as the man inspected what he brought, sure it was what he said, and not minding at all waiting on him looking it over. He waited for the man to produce the money, hoping things did not go badly enough to ruin this, he did always hate this part of things.

his tongue flipped out nervously as he scented far too many people to really tell what was going on around him in any amount of detail, the nervous gesture far more useful for him outside the city.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Errybody:

Regardless of whatever else you think might be going on right now, the one thing everyone can agree on is that suddenly - bagpipes. Not just bagpipes, but the kind of bagpipes that is especially grating, like someone is freestyling them by jumping up and down on them.

Amberle:
The racket has startled all the people around you, including the gang of people promising bodily harm in your direction. They all look around for the weirdest alarm ever and its source, until the one who seems to their ringleader right - and spoke to you directly- snarls in frustration.

"He'll have the other girl by now, surely - time to leave, we'll take this one and see what she knows. Quick, before the guards remember they have a job."

One of the thugs, a slightly stockier man with close cropped hair and a perpetual grimace lurches forwards to grab Amberle.

(that'll be an agility roll for you Amberle to see if she can escape getting grabbed)

Syka:
Well, you made a noise, and a lot of it, too. A lot of people are startled including the ominous group around that one woman, although your position is slowly becoming obvious as people realise that the source of that awful racket is coming from somewhere nearby, and closer to the ground than they are.

Os:
Bagpipes, all the time, everywhere. The merchant you are haggling with pauses to grimace at the awful sound.

"I would be on your way soon, friend... It's looking to be a day that is brought back to order by the guards, I will be making an exit too, I think.."

He turns out the requested coin for your goods, and starts wrapping them in packaging to keep them fresh and free of outside contaminants (remind me later and I will credit Os with some more gold to represent that transaction)

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa shook his head at the sound of bagpipes, shaking it back and forth as he accepted the gold. "Good doing business with you."

He then turned looking back toward the commotion and well, the merchant seemed to think he should vacate the area. He had little objection to that he was a guide in the woods, but merchants were oft guides to staying out of trouble in the cities. He would look around ad find a good main street to stay in the crowd as he made his way toward the edge of the square. On his way though he could not help but be curious, rising up on his tail and peek over the crowd to see what all the commotion was about.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Hearing the bagpipes ring out like a cat dying a slow painful death she slunk slightly further into the crowd to avoid whatever confrontation might be coming her way and slowly reached into her satchel and produced a small mirror as the brute of a man lurched forward to grab her she caught the light in the mirror to blind him allowing her to disappear into the crowd and get away moving closer to where Osazses was

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*Honorio was helping. :D*

*There was nothing left for it but to finish out the short song he had chosen, being disruptive and keeping things at full volume, since that is what he decided to start with. He could be quite obnoxious in that way. Whether he noticed some of the body guards taking notice of him or not, he gave few fucks about as he walked past, playing his racket to a quick finish.*

"Epulugeees, epulugeees. A sung tuuk my heert und vuooldn't let it gu." He expressed apologetically, , waving at anyone who knew to look down for the source of the sound before stowing his bagpipe on his back to assure others that he wasn't going to be grabbing at it again anytime soon.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Os:
With the extra height afforded by stretching up as you have, the view of the situation is clearer now, probably more so than anyone else has currently.
What is revealed is a man and his associates trying to accost a woman who has, so far, escaped their clutches, but they seem to be responding slowly, as the confusion of the moment and the face melting bagpipe solo screeches through the air.

Syka:
While people seem confused by your actions, they are confused by everything right now, and it seems like you've... got away with it? Or maybe not got away with it, but have been assessed to be less distressing than the other things that are happening now.

Amberle:
You have escaped their grasp, but they are very close behind you, the distractions of this current situation only going so far.
What does really mix up the situation though, is one of the nearby market patrons realising that armed men are here, and shouting out in a manner that would not be amiss for reverend lovejoy's wife asking people to think of the children.

"Someone call the guards! They're armed!"

What follows, is bedlam. People closest to the event start to flee in all directions, and slowly, the panic starts to move through the crowd, the group of thugs pushing their way through people in pursuit.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She stops for a moment to asses her surroundings seeing the crowd flee in different directions, hearing the cry out for the guards she couldn't afford that thy would come in time to protect her.

Moving to a vendor selling clothing she slipped over and took a scarf and covered her head and face with it while the vendor was distracted

There were few places she could go to escape and she sighed then looked down and in doing so there was a grate that went down and under the square perhaps one of the only solutions but she would be unable to remove it on her own

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*Even without having some reward on his head, he was pretty sure he should probably scamper in case a guard looking to make his name yet avoid a fight against men with swords. Rio was silently nagging Hono about something, but the kobold couldn't quite make it out just yet.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Great now they were coming his way, what was that, armed, they were armed? Nono that was not a good thing. He looked around as people closed why were building so tall, and more than that why couldn't they have branches. He looked back over his shoulder to see where all the people were, and then around to see where the guards were, though the merchant was not too trusting of them.

He found a bench and decided that he'd stay close beside the building, out of the way of the others and letting te bench break the flow of people coming toward him, lowering himself back down and lifting the tip of his tail, curling it close to his body to keep it out of the way.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Os:
As the implacable sensible serpent man, you manage to get out of the path of the chaos and use the stalls to keep you out of the path of all but a few panicking people - those people generally do not try to go through you though, when they see you.
You do however see the people rushing around, and catch a few glimpses of the gang of thugs as they fight through the crowds, never keeping them in sight for long, but periodically one pops out before vanishing again.

Syka:
You are smol. People are not necessarily big, but they are bigger than you are right now, and this is a state of affairs that you are both familiar with, and probably considering completely unreasonable.
On the downside, you are buffeted around by people as the crowds flows like an angry river, and will likely sport some bruises after this... if that's something your people can do. On the upside, you have been wildly relocated across the street and no one likely has any idea at all where you are right now.

Amberle:
Amberle's quick thinking nets her a crude but serviceable disguise, melting away in to the press of bodies for a while. Unfortunately, one of the thugs has seen you, the one saving grace being that they have to communicate your whereabouts to the rest, and have to then get through the crowds to get you. You've been discovered, but you've got time and space to work with yet....

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa stayed where he was, glad people seemed to be avoiding him in the panic, at least taking a step off to the side, he wondered a little what the woman was going to do, she was a thief now even if she had been innocent before.

He wondered if there was a reward for turning in thieves, that might be worth the trouble, after all there was only one person still after her. His tongue flicking out to scent her so he could follow up safely distant.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Making eye contact with one of the thugs she separates from the crowd she looks around briefly for something she could use to lift the grate finding nothing she looked at the scarf and sighed if it were made of silk she might have been able to use it.

she stayed in the shadows for now, looking up she saw Osazses on the wall but kept to herself
~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*He took a moment to focus in on his new surrounding. He gathered in what he had seen and heard and just thought about it in the scheme of things.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Os:
Your very particular senses having managed to get something you can work with, a distinct scent among the crowd, even if it is tricky with this throng of people, which is starting to thin out as the bottlenecks start to break up as people leave the area. It's far from ceasing to be chaos yet, but it's starting to lull compared to the burst of frantic energy before.

Syka:
Your mind is slowly filled with foggy, vague imagery, like looking at something in the bottom of a pond, through ripples in the surface. There is a small porcelain cup, floating unsupported in space, the outside of the cup unblemished but for one small but unsightly chip. At a distance such a thing might not even be visible, but the closer one looks, the more unsightly the chipped surface becomes. There is no sense of impending disaster of fear, simply an unease that is sedate, but persistent...

Amberle:
Amberle heaves and tugs but the grate does not come free, perhaps wedged in place when all the people came charging through earlier. There doesn't appear to be anyone after her right now, the assailants from before still out in the crowd somewhere presumably...
(agility roll please, 1d20 + 1d4 if she intends to stay there and hide)

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa waited where he was, eyes scanning the crowd for the men chasing her as his tongue flickered out to keep track of the thief. He didn't want to be close if they found her, but content to stay pressed up where he was for the time being.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*There was a chill of unease that ran down his spine, but not something that prompted him to act immediately. There was something off about what he experienced, like a key that had gone flat unexpectedly. It wasn't the worse news, but something about this situation was amiss. He searches his mind for something that might resemble what he saw or a passage that might explain things.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Peeking out she sees no sign of the men or the called guards thinking some wretched call to arms they area and rolled her eyes.

"There has got to be a way out of here aside from the proverbial front door, if I ever see that woman again.."

She stepped out more into the open observing the situation

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Syka:
Your feelings about this chain of events and its severity are that this is not something that is going to be a disaster for the tapestry as a whole. Whatever it is, is a small problem compared to that scale, but it might be worth watching for escalation. Interpreting such things can be tricky without more time or evidence to work from.

Amberle:
You have still not been found as yet, it seems the confusion has made you a hard person to find, and while this is far from safe, it seems like it's okay to gather your thoughts for a time...

Os:
Seemingly content to bide your time for now, as she does not appear to have moved outside of your range to perceive her.

Erryone:
From across the market you can hear the sound of voices and various other noises - the local guard have appeared and apparently are now attempting to get through the crowds, organise the crowds, and generally restore order and find out what is going on. They are making headway, and while it is slow, it is sure to speed up...

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa saw her peeking out, the noise stopping him from making out what she was saying, He rose up, an idea coming to him as he heard the guards calling for people to clear out, searching the crowd for the men that had been searching for the thief on the run before electing to take the chance to slither up and toward her.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Hearing the guards finally arrive she steps out more into the open taking a chance to make a break for it out of the market and back towards the Inn, she then stopped as she noticed Osazses coming towards her and she backed up slightly as one might do with a giant snake like being coming towards them.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*following his intuition, Honorio bolted off in a random direction that was most certainly away from the crowds and most likely away from the guards as well.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Okay, this is easing towards player interaction stuff, so my role is more mediator than story teller now

Syka: No one is stopping Syka, he is free to bolt to his heart's content, the guards are still far enough away that identifying anyone in the thinning crowds is still unlikely.


Os and Amberle:

So, Os, Amberle is just stood there, for the most part, what does he do now? Guards are arriving, people are still fleeing the area, although not as hurried as they were before, the tense atmosphere is still thick on the air.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa straightened, as she came to a stop, before she thought he was with the others, he decided to try talking. "Missss I think you sshould come with me and give a report of what happend to the guardss."

He raised a hand out to the side, motioning toward one of the guards that was trying to get through the crowd.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She tilted her head slightly hearing his suggestion giving him a side glance as she considered what he said

"Perhaps, and what makes you think they will believe me?"

He was probably right though, it would be her best chance and even if they didn't believe her at least they would provide some protection from the thugs well at least until it was decided what to do with her either way she was screwed with no evidence, she needed backup and she doubted he was it.

"Alright, but first I need to speak to the bagpipe player, I think he saw what happened and could help. I owe him thanks for his distraction if nothing else"
~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*and yet, said figure is most likely fleeing from their space, in possible (?) and improbable pursuit of the actual package.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa lifted himself up to look over the thining crowd and searching for anyone that could possibly have played the bagpipes that distractedly, mainly focusing on anyone holding some kind of wind instrument for as loud as it was it could not have been small.

"Well I would sssay, that you have little to lossse, with that, and a dissstraction, well let me sssee if I can ssspot him..." He said, continuing to scan the crowd for him.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She sighed then nodded looking along with him, she was becoming agitated in short order feeling helpless as she feared for her future, falling here was starting to seem like a fresh new hell rather than a new beginning

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
The guards have restored order to a lot of the market space, and are now canvassing the area for trouble, if anyone is to do or say anything, now is probably the time as after this pretty much anyone still present is spending some time answering questions about this whole crazy chain of events.

Os:
Disappearing out of sight and around a corner is a small being, it's almost more bagpipes than it is creature really. It appears like -insert syka's image here- and is apparently both incredibly fast on its feet, and incredibly bad at using its feet at the same time. Why you get this impression you don't know, but with those two rolls, I had to comment about it somewhere in here.
You have a very good idea of what direction it is going, and how fast, but without further pursuit, it is small enough that losing it in a crowd is more a matter of when, than if.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
A reptile, well that was interesting. He took a breath and let out a hissing sigh. "He isss running." A simple statement that would convey something, his head twitching toward where the man seemed to be running toward, not sure if she wanted to run after him to thank him or trust fate to see they would meet again and make her report to the guards

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake
Everyone who is still present is being rounded up now, and questioned, and the process is both slow, and tedious for everyone involved. The questions are repetitive, and the people who ask them are very unhappy about this whole fiasco, and moreso when the only information available is pretty flimsy, and some of the people present may or may not be an actual part of the... Spree that appears to have taken place. Eventually, people are allowed to go on their way once what details there are, have been worked out, and there is little to come regarding consequence.

Amberle is pretty much told to not leave town, but given all they actually had on her was a scarf, and she's a new skaldborne, it's mostly been glossed over as one of those wacky Skaldborne up to their antics again.
She may be questioned again, but right now, short of being told not to disappear in to the night (and return or pay for that scarf), she has come out of this rather well.

Part one - thieves - fin.
8
Uhrwerkstadt / Re: [Event] Part 1: Thieves
« Last post by The Skald on September 01, 2019, 05:53:40 PM »
Posted by Syka   
*It was a casual Sunday in the Market Square for Hono and Rio, collectively known as Honorio despite of the fact that Hono did the majority of the work. The kobold was dressed in his traveler's garb and, as all good practicing musicians did in his eyes, was set smack in the middle of the square, playing and enjoying himself. Of course, when the instrument one is playing happens to be the bagpipes, it doesn't exactly make it easy for other musicians to also practice. Fairly oblivious to this fact, Honorio was entrancing some and repelling others with the loud, melodious notes from his instrument.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
The day is overcast, mild in temperature as the year marches on, the sun hidden behind splotchy clouds, but not so much so as to make the day dark like the winter months. The market is abundant with people milling around, looking at wares on offer from various vendors, the sound of chatter between patrons and the stall keepers as they negotiate over costs fills the air with a consistent noise that isn't oppressive enough to be a roar, but enough for voices to be raised to talk comfortably.
Artisanal gatherings like this are not uncommon in the nation of makers, a dozen smaller such gatherings taking place for every single larger, national event that takes place. Many things can be found here - the strange materials and devices of the inventors can be haggled for here, if one has the knowledge, or bravery to buy from such eccentric people. Crafts great and small, carvings and jewelry are not in short supply, and even furniture if one is in need of such. For those who are hungry, there are several vendors from across the land offering their own distinct cuisine offerings, and several people dispensing beverages of all kinds.
Whatever you are looking for, you will probably find it here.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Making her way from the inn she casually walked towards the square mostly just to look over the offered wares as she has yet to secure employment since her abrupt arrival. Perhaps she will learn more of what is offered in such and this would be a prime opportunity to meet and greet.

coming into the square she stopped and looked around, it was quite busy and she was delighted to see the abundance of people.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
OSa was in the market as well, he had some bundled meats that had been hunted for recently. The market was a good place to sell the things he had no use of, bones, dried hides and the like though today he had not been settled in the new town long enough to have dried things out and simply had the packaged game meats to sell, a large bag on his back leaving him leaning forward heavy with the weight of it.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Amberle: You find yourself in the presence of a scruffy young lady, who seems to stare past you, and peers around curiously, before turning her attention to you again and coughing discreetly to clear her throat before she speaks.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for baking goods, do you know if anyone here is selling flour?"

Her voice is soft, slightly throaty as if strained from a lot of shouting, her expression mild, a faint smile on her face as she looks at you with expectation, her fingers wringing the hem of her shabby looking cloak.

Everyone else: There is a lot of noise all of a sudden as a customer squabbles with a merchant over the cost of some goods, voices raised but it doesn't seem serious right now, most people simply stepping out of the immediate area to avoid the noise.
A few merchants seem to take this opportunity to make a noise of their own to draw some eyes and possibly some money. The crowds slowly seem to build a sense of unrest as people seemingly break from the brief drama and go about their business again

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*It is hard to hear the noise over the sound that his bagpipes cause, but he notices a scattering of people and turns his attention, visually at least, over towards the squabble. The bagpipes volume lowers, if one could imagine such a travesty, as the kobold looks on intent, remembering a second or two later to swing his tail around for Rio to see what is going on as well.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Her attention was drawn to a lady who approached and asked her about baked goods and finding flour, having just arrived herself she shook her head slowly and shrugged lightly

"Oh, hello. No, I'm sorry I do not. I could help you look if you would like?"

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa's head snapped over toward the noise, in his experience noise was always a sign of danger. His brow knit as he saw it was just squabbling amoung the people there.

Spotting a food vendor, he circled the outside of the commotion until he got near. His tongue flicking out of his mouth to scent the food he had. "A fresh meat used to cook would like carry an aroma enough to draw in some hungry passers by."

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Amberle: The woman pauses for a moment to consider what you have offered, and slowly comes around to a nod and a sedate smile as she stuffs her hands in her pockets.

"That's kind of you - it's so busy here it's hard to get around on my own, don't have that burly man build. Shall we?"

She seems somewhat animated as she ushers you along and starts walking.

Erryone else:
The commotion that had risen up seems to have been something of a storm in a teacup - the bickering is still going on, but it has relaxed somewhat.
Even that however, seems to trickle to an awkward silence however, enacted by the merchant, and rolling across the crowd quickly as it parts. At the source of this parting is a group of people, men and women, with one man at their front, a clear head and shoulders above the rest in height.

A cry of alarm cuts through the unease as a man hits the floor, clearly pushed over as the group of men and women pass by him, their pace quick, motivated to be somewhere as they push through the crowds, leaving a chorus of distress in their wake that no one seems brave enough to follow up on.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*Now there was something intriguing. The problem with following someone while playing bagpipes is, as one might imagine, that the second you stop playing said bagpipes, things get eerily quiet as if the world cries and/or is sighing in relief that the sound is gone. However, this being the most interesting thing to happen since he showed up to play the bagpipes, his curiousity was peaked.*

*Rather than follow them, Honorio silenced his bagpipes and went over to the gentleman that had been knocked down and offered to help him up.*
"Ere-a yuoo ookey, sur? Nut meessing unytheeng?" He asks, through his thick accent.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She smiles softly and starts to walk with the woman

"Yes, it it quite busy and easy to get lost. Surely we can find what you are looking for easy enough though"

She crossed her arms over her chest as they walked securing one hand over the strap of her satchel

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa looked to the large man and the others coming and and thought it might be a good time to not be in the middle of something, as silence had fallen, the hand that had been reaching back to his pack to show off the quality and freshness of the packs he had brought dropped down.

He slithered off and away from the path of those pushing though, not anxious to have his tail stepped on,

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Amberle: "Yeah, someone, somewhere in here has what I need, that's the way it goes around here.."

She nods in agreement with her own sagelike observation, her a little smaller than Amberle's, but she sets the pace rather than follows it, all the same. She comes to a stop, briefly, and peers around, her brow pinching before she turns back to Amberle and gestures beyond her.

"I think I saw something over there that might be what I'm after, let's go."

She steps around Amberle nimbly and takes off down the street, a couple of rows across, she spies a large, serpentine being - that was unusual...


Os:
The crowd starts to gain its composure again, and the merchant that had been silenced manages to settle his dispute with his customer, and turns his attention to Osazses and the wares he is trying to promote.

"What do you have to offer, friend? I am a hard man to impress, but if you think you have something that will catch my eye, then let us talk..."

The merchant waits expectantly, idly turning a brass ring on his finger.


Syka:
The man mutters a litany or coarse complaints, but otherwise is grateful for your aid, and gets up, dusting himself off.

"Thank you... some people have no decency, least of all their type..."

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
"Oh, Esssoteric? No, nothing impressive, sssimple deer caught thisssmorning." He opened his mouth slightly and then closed it.

"Well cleaned though, and sssoon hidesss and bonesss to follow, but they are ssstill being prepared. Perhapss you could point me at another that might want that which isss normal."

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She looked in the general direction that the woman gestured to and didn't see much of anything in the way of what they were looking for though as the woman took off that way she followed in a slower pace in reservation though still keeping an eye on the woman, last thing she needed was to be led astray trying to help someone.

Seeing the serpentine being she looked him over making a mental note to try and not cross paths with it, looked intimidating at the least.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*Being of low stature himself, Honorio wasn't exactly in a position to track via sight, so he relied on his nose, which was usually quite reliable. But, with the mix of people and not really taking notice of the others before hand, it was a noseblind effort.*

*Given that, he settled on second best.*
"Uny idea vhu zeey vere-a oor vhet ves gueeng oon?"

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Os:
"Deer....Hmmm..."

He seems about to decline, his hand lifting before it falls again and his face pinches slightly.

"I have been asked for deer lately, and I do not usually carry it as it is not native to where I come from. Show me what you have - what were you looking to get for it?"

Syka:
It takes the man a while to realise what is being said to him, and he just now seems to realise he is talking to a combination of a small lizard and a puppet, with the accent of officer crabtree.

"I'm sorry, what? Oh - who is he? I don't know sorry. There's a bunch of them that seem to appear around the markets, they're up to no good, whatever they're doing - they look dangerous, and some of the better-to-do merchants seem afraid of some of them...Better to not ask questions, I think."

Amberle:
The young lady drifts down past a stall that is abundant with jewelry that ranges from gaudy to opulent, and she turns a very sharp right between two stalls, beckoning as she goes.

"Ah, over there!"

She points in a vague direction away from where she is currently stood, although the place you are stood now gives you a good view of the serpent man, but just from the other side - you seem to have done something like a circle.

"Well, this is probably going to be a surprise, and I apologise, but:"

She takes a small cloth sack from her belt, and thrusts it in to Amberle's hands, before speaking almost too loudly.

"Just like we said! Here you take it!"

And with that, many things happen at once:

Erryone:

The woman, having stuffed the sack in Amberle's hands, turns on her heel and runs, jumping the worktop of a stall as she starts pushing through the crowd.

At the same time, the group that had breezed through before, pushing people aside, breaks the crowd again, coming back the way they had came, a few of them appearing behind Amberle.

The large man of the group wades through the crowd after the fleeing woman, a few of his associates in tow, while the remainder stay here and close on Amberle's position.

"You're going to want to hand that over, bad for your health to keep it..."

The man that addresses her makes it clear that this is not merely a suggestion, and the appearance of glinting steel can be seen on belts, albeit concealed for now, no weapon drawn.... yet.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa tilted his head, thinking for a moment then nodding, as he thought of how much it would cost him to get the things he needed and how much it would cost him to get the same meat at the butcher, yes 80% of that would be enough, he knew how to clean and dress meat, but was no professional at it, still it was more fresh he had a feeling he could get more if he could speak better, but offered that up as an amount.

His head turning to the commotion again, not liking the fact much of it was happening behind him.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
"Eh, bed peuple-a. Here-a? Nut guud, bapanada." The kobold said, getting quiet as he did, losing himself in thought for a second, trying to figure out what exactly he might do. Thunk yuu!"

*He trotted off in the direction of the newest source of solid bodies. Staying out of sight was fairly easy with so many legs around him, until there weren't any of course. He'd try again, once he had a clearer view of them, to try and figure out where they might have hailed from.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Catching up with the woman she stops and looks in the direction she points then turns her attention to her resting her hands on her hips looking to her with a furrowed brow as they have made a circle

"Just what are you getting at here?"

Just then the small cloth sack is trusted upon her from the woman before she speeds off

"Hey?!"

Hearing the man behind her she slowly turns and looks at him and his band of brutes then looks at the cloth covered package before looking back at the man raising a brow at the glint of steel giving her the hint that whatever it is that she is holding must be either very valuable or important

"Of course I don't want any trouble."

She holds it out for the man to take from her though she holds the cloth tight with one hand underneath in hopes when he does take it the cloth will slip off revealing whatever it is

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Amberle:

His smirk suggests nothing kind about his opinion on her as she extends the sack towards him, a brief tug-of-war taking place as he yanks the sack away, unfortunately not spilling any of the contents.

The resistance however has made it clear enough to people nearby that a mugging is taking place. Unfortunately, it seems that most people are content to ignore that it is taking place, awkward, sometimes apologetic glances given before their gazes find their way to the floor, or sky, or anywhere else...


Syka:
Nothing about the group gives them away as anything special - they do not have the garb of any specific organisation, nor are do they seem to have a defining trait like the darker complexion of those from Prasino or Ragavalli, or the ice princess look of those from Otkrytoye - they are probably local, whoever they are. They are also armed too, your lower vantage point making it easier to see such things.


Os:
Whatever is happening, it does not seem to be good, but from this distance and with the crowds, it's hard to say without further investigation. The merchant awkwardly side steps the issue by inspecting the produce you have and reaching for his coin....

Amberle again:
As it happens, the thug checks the sack right in front of you, and his face contorts in a way that is ugly and ominous, a glance passing between him and his fellows.

"This s'posed to be funny?"

The sound of metal loosening in a scabbard rings from somewhere in their number.
9
Uhrwerkstadt / [Event] Part 1: Thieves
« Last post by The Skald on September 01, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »
This event took place on site on 8/25 in Uhrwerkstadt's Market Square and utilized the Open Legend system as part of a working experiment. The event was highlighted for the lesser known characters, or ones not already involved in more high-profile plot lines, for world-building purposes. Game Master for the event was Snowflake. Logs were edited to remove any enter/exit notifications or OOC interruptions. Dice logs will not be included.

The following badges were earned for the participants:
10
News / Updates / Re: May 2019
« Last post by The Skald on May 03, 2019, 06:29:42 PM »
This is a reminder/notification that the change has been made. If you encounter any problems do not hesitate to reach out.

Minor updates will continue to follow, but none that will affect your ability to log in, create characters, or play!

Maybe we should party.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10