Author Topic: [Event] Part 1: Thieves  (Read 433 times)

Offline The Skald

  • Creator
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 58
  • *Frolics Away!*
[Event] Part 1: Thieves
« on: September 01, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »
This event took place on site on 8/25 in Uhrwerkstadt's Market Square and utilized the Open Legend system as part of a working experiment. The event was highlighted for the lesser known characters, or ones not already involved in more high-profile plot lines, for world-building purposes. Game Master for the event was Snowflake. Logs were edited to remove any enter/exit notifications or OOC interruptions. Dice logs will not be included.

The following badges were earned for the participants:

Offline The Skald

  • Creator
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 58
  • *Frolics Away!*
Re: [Event] Part 1: Thieves
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 05:53:40 PM »
Posted by Syka   
*It was a casual Sunday in the Market Square for Hono and Rio, collectively known as Honorio despite of the fact that Hono did the majority of the work. The kobold was dressed in his traveler's garb and, as all good practicing musicians did in his eyes, was set smack in the middle of the square, playing and enjoying himself. Of course, when the instrument one is playing happens to be the bagpipes, it doesn't exactly make it easy for other musicians to also practice. Fairly oblivious to this fact, Honorio was entrancing some and repelling others with the loud, melodious notes from his instrument.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
The day is overcast, mild in temperature as the year marches on, the sun hidden behind splotchy clouds, but not so much so as to make the day dark like the winter months. The market is abundant with people milling around, looking at wares on offer from various vendors, the sound of chatter between patrons and the stall keepers as they negotiate over costs fills the air with a consistent noise that isn't oppressive enough to be a roar, but enough for voices to be raised to talk comfortably.
Artisanal gatherings like this are not uncommon in the nation of makers, a dozen smaller such gatherings taking place for every single larger, national event that takes place. Many things can be found here - the strange materials and devices of the inventors can be haggled for here, if one has the knowledge, or bravery to buy from such eccentric people. Crafts great and small, carvings and jewelry are not in short supply, and even furniture if one is in need of such. For those who are hungry, there are several vendors from across the land offering their own distinct cuisine offerings, and several people dispensing beverages of all kinds.
Whatever you are looking for, you will probably find it here.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Making her way from the inn she casually walked towards the square mostly just to look over the offered wares as she has yet to secure employment since her abrupt arrival. Perhaps she will learn more of what is offered in such and this would be a prime opportunity to meet and greet.

coming into the square she stopped and looked around, it was quite busy and she was delighted to see the abundance of people.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
OSa was in the market as well, he had some bundled meats that had been hunted for recently. The market was a good place to sell the things he had no use of, bones, dried hides and the like though today he had not been settled in the new town long enough to have dried things out and simply had the packaged game meats to sell, a large bag on his back leaving him leaning forward heavy with the weight of it.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Amberle: You find yourself in the presence of a scruffy young lady, who seems to stare past you, and peers around curiously, before turning her attention to you again and coughing discreetly to clear her throat before she speaks.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for baking goods, do you know if anyone here is selling flour?"

Her voice is soft, slightly throaty as if strained from a lot of shouting, her expression mild, a faint smile on her face as she looks at you with expectation, her fingers wringing the hem of her shabby looking cloak.

Everyone else: There is a lot of noise all of a sudden as a customer squabbles with a merchant over the cost of some goods, voices raised but it doesn't seem serious right now, most people simply stepping out of the immediate area to avoid the noise.
A few merchants seem to take this opportunity to make a noise of their own to draw some eyes and possibly some money. The crowds slowly seem to build a sense of unrest as people seemingly break from the brief drama and go about their business again

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*It is hard to hear the noise over the sound that his bagpipes cause, but he notices a scattering of people and turns his attention, visually at least, over towards the squabble. The bagpipes volume lowers, if one could imagine such a travesty, as the kobold looks on intent, remembering a second or two later to swing his tail around for Rio to see what is going on as well.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Her attention was drawn to a lady who approached and asked her about baked goods and finding flour, having just arrived herself she shook her head slowly and shrugged lightly

"Oh, hello. No, I'm sorry I do not. I could help you look if you would like?"

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa's head snapped over toward the noise, in his experience noise was always a sign of danger. His brow knit as he saw it was just squabbling amoung the people there.

Spotting a food vendor, he circled the outside of the commotion until he got near. His tongue flicking out of his mouth to scent the food he had. "A fresh meat used to cook would like carry an aroma enough to draw in some hungry passers by."

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Amberle: The woman pauses for a moment to consider what you have offered, and slowly comes around to a nod and a sedate smile as she stuffs her hands in her pockets.

"That's kind of you - it's so busy here it's hard to get around on my own, don't have that burly man build. Shall we?"

She seems somewhat animated as she ushers you along and starts walking.

Erryone else:
The commotion that had risen up seems to have been something of a storm in a teacup - the bickering is still going on, but it has relaxed somewhat.
Even that however, seems to trickle to an awkward silence however, enacted by the merchant, and rolling across the crowd quickly as it parts. At the source of this parting is a group of people, men and women, with one man at their front, a clear head and shoulders above the rest in height.

A cry of alarm cuts through the unease as a man hits the floor, clearly pushed over as the group of men and women pass by him, their pace quick, motivated to be somewhere as they push through the crowds, leaving a chorus of distress in their wake that no one seems brave enough to follow up on.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*Now there was something intriguing. The problem with following someone while playing bagpipes is, as one might imagine, that the second you stop playing said bagpipes, things get eerily quiet as if the world cries and/or is sighing in relief that the sound is gone. However, this being the most interesting thing to happen since he showed up to play the bagpipes, his curiousity was peaked.*

*Rather than follow them, Honorio silenced his bagpipes and went over to the gentleman that had been knocked down and offered to help him up.*
"Ere-a yuoo ookey, sur? Nut meessing unytheeng?" He asks, through his thick accent.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She smiles softly and starts to walk with the woman

"Yes, it it quite busy and easy to get lost. Surely we can find what you are looking for easy enough though"

She crossed her arms over her chest as they walked securing one hand over the strap of her satchel

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa looked to the large man and the others coming and and thought it might be a good time to not be in the middle of something, as silence had fallen, the hand that had been reaching back to his pack to show off the quality and freshness of the packs he had brought dropped down.

He slithered off and away from the path of those pushing though, not anxious to have his tail stepped on,

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Amberle: "Yeah, someone, somewhere in here has what I need, that's the way it goes around here.."

She nods in agreement with her own sagelike observation, her a little smaller than Amberle's, but she sets the pace rather than follows it, all the same. She comes to a stop, briefly, and peers around, her brow pinching before she turns back to Amberle and gestures beyond her.

"I think I saw something over there that might be what I'm after, let's go."

She steps around Amberle nimbly and takes off down the street, a couple of rows across, she spies a large, serpentine being - that was unusual...


Os:
The crowd starts to gain its composure again, and the merchant that had been silenced manages to settle his dispute with his customer, and turns his attention to Osazses and the wares he is trying to promote.

"What do you have to offer, friend? I am a hard man to impress, but if you think you have something that will catch my eye, then let us talk..."

The merchant waits expectantly, idly turning a brass ring on his finger.


Syka:
The man mutters a litany or coarse complaints, but otherwise is grateful for your aid, and gets up, dusting himself off.

"Thank you... some people have no decency, least of all their type..."

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
"Oh, Esssoteric? No, nothing impressive, sssimple deer caught thisssmorning." He opened his mouth slightly and then closed it.

"Well cleaned though, and sssoon hidesss and bonesss to follow, but they are ssstill being prepared. Perhapss you could point me at another that might want that which isss normal."

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She looked in the general direction that the woman gestured to and didn't see much of anything in the way of what they were looking for though as the woman took off that way she followed in a slower pace in reservation though still keeping an eye on the woman, last thing she needed was to be led astray trying to help someone.

Seeing the serpentine being she looked him over making a mental note to try and not cross paths with it, looked intimidating at the least.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*Being of low stature himself, Honorio wasn't exactly in a position to track via sight, so he relied on his nose, which was usually quite reliable. But, with the mix of people and not really taking notice of the others before hand, it was a noseblind effort.*

*Given that, he settled on second best.*
"Uny idea vhu zeey vere-a oor vhet ves gueeng oon?"

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Os:
"Deer....Hmmm..."

He seems about to decline, his hand lifting before it falls again and his face pinches slightly.

"I have been asked for deer lately, and I do not usually carry it as it is not native to where I come from. Show me what you have - what were you looking to get for it?"

Syka:
It takes the man a while to realise what is being said to him, and he just now seems to realise he is talking to a combination of a small lizard and a puppet, with the accent of officer crabtree.

"I'm sorry, what? Oh - who is he? I don't know sorry. There's a bunch of them that seem to appear around the markets, they're up to no good, whatever they're doing - they look dangerous, and some of the better-to-do merchants seem afraid of some of them...Better to not ask questions, I think."

Amberle:
The young lady drifts down past a stall that is abundant with jewelry that ranges from gaudy to opulent, and she turns a very sharp right between two stalls, beckoning as she goes.

"Ah, over there!"

She points in a vague direction away from where she is currently stood, although the place you are stood now gives you a good view of the serpent man, but just from the other side - you seem to have done something like a circle.

"Well, this is probably going to be a surprise, and I apologise, but:"

She takes a small cloth sack from her belt, and thrusts it in to Amberle's hands, before speaking almost too loudly.

"Just like we said! Here you take it!"

And with that, many things happen at once:

Erryone:

The woman, having stuffed the sack in Amberle's hands, turns on her heel and runs, jumping the worktop of a stall as she starts pushing through the crowd.

At the same time, the group that had breezed through before, pushing people aside, breaks the crowd again, coming back the way they had came, a few of them appearing behind Amberle.

The large man of the group wades through the crowd after the fleeing woman, a few of his associates in tow, while the remainder stay here and close on Amberle's position.

"You're going to want to hand that over, bad for your health to keep it..."

The man that addresses her makes it clear that this is not merely a suggestion, and the appearance of glinting steel can be seen on belts, albeit concealed for now, no weapon drawn.... yet.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa tilted his head, thinking for a moment then nodding, as he thought of how much it would cost him to get the things he needed and how much it would cost him to get the same meat at the butcher, yes 80% of that would be enough, he knew how to clean and dress meat, but was no professional at it, still it was more fresh he had a feeling he could get more if he could speak better, but offered that up as an amount.

His head turning to the commotion again, not liking the fact much of it was happening behind him.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
"Eh, bed peuple-a. Here-a? Nut guud, bapanada." The kobold said, getting quiet as he did, losing himself in thought for a second, trying to figure out what exactly he might do. Thunk yuu!"

*He trotted off in the direction of the newest source of solid bodies. Staying out of sight was fairly easy with so many legs around him, until there weren't any of course. He'd try again, once he had a clearer view of them, to try and figure out where they might have hailed from.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Catching up with the woman she stops and looks in the direction she points then turns her attention to her resting her hands on her hips looking to her with a furrowed brow as they have made a circle

"Just what are you getting at here?"

Just then the small cloth sack is trusted upon her from the woman before she speeds off

"Hey?!"

Hearing the man behind her she slowly turns and looks at him and his band of brutes then looks at the cloth covered package before looking back at the man raising a brow at the glint of steel giving her the hint that whatever it is that she is holding must be either very valuable or important

"Of course I don't want any trouble."

She holds it out for the man to take from her though she holds the cloth tight with one hand underneath in hopes when he does take it the cloth will slip off revealing whatever it is

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Amberle:

His smirk suggests nothing kind about his opinion on her as she extends the sack towards him, a brief tug-of-war taking place as he yanks the sack away, unfortunately not spilling any of the contents.

The resistance however has made it clear enough to people nearby that a mugging is taking place. Unfortunately, it seems that most people are content to ignore that it is taking place, awkward, sometimes apologetic glances given before their gazes find their way to the floor, or sky, or anywhere else...


Syka:
Nothing about the group gives them away as anything special - they do not have the garb of any specific organisation, nor are do they seem to have a defining trait like the darker complexion of those from Prasino or Ragavalli, or the ice princess look of those from Otkrytoye - they are probably local, whoever they are. They are also armed too, your lower vantage point making it easier to see such things.


Os:
Whatever is happening, it does not seem to be good, but from this distance and with the crowds, it's hard to say without further investigation. The merchant awkwardly side steps the issue by inspecting the produce you have and reaching for his coin....

Amberle again:
As it happens, the thug checks the sack right in front of you, and his face contorts in a way that is ugly and ominous, a glance passing between him and his fellows.

"This s'posed to be funny?"

The sound of metal loosening in a scabbard rings from somewhere in their number.

Offline The Skald

  • Creator
  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 58
  • *Frolics Away!*
Re: [Event] Part 1: Thieves
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 05:54:25 PM »
~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*A traveling band of mercenaries or adventures, he couldn't tell. But when the distinct sound and movement of weapons starting to be drawn occurs, it was the kobold's general intention to startle the crap out of just about anyone with a loud, bellowing and force of presencethat his bagpipes often demanded of unsuspecting ears. The loud note billowed from around the corner, disrupting commerce and maybe a few equilibriums.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She steps back slightly taking notice to those looking on and raises her head slightly as though she was in control of the situation all the while

"Oh, my finger must have been caught in the strings. I beg your pardon."

This was her flimsy excuse to the tug of war. Then when the man did inspect the contents and expressed discontent she leaned over and tried to see for herself what was there, unable to see what it was she stepped back into the onlookers and watched from a safe distance as there would be loose accusations among them

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa watched on as the man inspected what he brought, sure it was what he said, and not minding at all waiting on him looking it over. He waited for the man to produce the money, hoping things did not go badly enough to ruin this, he did always hate this part of things.

his tongue flipped out nervously as he scented far too many people to really tell what was going on around him in any amount of detail, the nervous gesture far more useful for him outside the city.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Errybody:

Regardless of whatever else you think might be going on right now, the one thing everyone can agree on is that suddenly - bagpipes. Not just bagpipes, but the kind of bagpipes that is especially grating, like someone is freestyling them by jumping up and down on them.

Amberle:
The racket has startled all the people around you, including the gang of people promising bodily harm in your direction. They all look around for the weirdest alarm ever and its source, until the one who seems to their ringleader right - and spoke to you directly- snarls in frustration.

"He'll have the other girl by now, surely - time to leave, we'll take this one and see what she knows. Quick, before the guards remember they have a job."

One of the thugs, a slightly stockier man with close cropped hair and a perpetual grimace lurches forwards to grab Amberle.

(that'll be an agility roll for you Amberle to see if she can escape getting grabbed)

Syka:
Well, you made a noise, and a lot of it, too. A lot of people are startled including the ominous group around that one woman, although your position is slowly becoming obvious as people realise that the source of that awful racket is coming from somewhere nearby, and closer to the ground than they are.

Os:
Bagpipes, all the time, everywhere. The merchant you are haggling with pauses to grimace at the awful sound.

"I would be on your way soon, friend... It's looking to be a day that is brought back to order by the guards, I will be making an exit too, I think.."

He turns out the requested coin for your goods, and starts wrapping them in packaging to keep them fresh and free of outside contaminants (remind me later and I will credit Os with some more gold to represent that transaction)

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa shook his head at the sound of bagpipes, shaking it back and forth as he accepted the gold. "Good doing business with you."

He then turned looking back toward the commotion and well, the merchant seemed to think he should vacate the area. He had little objection to that he was a guide in the woods, but merchants were oft guides to staying out of trouble in the cities. He would look around ad find a good main street to stay in the crowd as he made his way toward the edge of the square. On his way though he could not help but be curious, rising up on his tail and peek over the crowd to see what all the commotion was about.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Hearing the bagpipes ring out like a cat dying a slow painful death she slunk slightly further into the crowd to avoid whatever confrontation might be coming her way and slowly reached into her satchel and produced a small mirror as the brute of a man lurched forward to grab her she caught the light in the mirror to blind him allowing her to disappear into the crowd and get away moving closer to where Osazses was

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*Honorio was helping. :D*

*There was nothing left for it but to finish out the short song he had chosen, being disruptive and keeping things at full volume, since that is what he decided to start with. He could be quite obnoxious in that way. Whether he noticed some of the body guards taking notice of him or not, he gave few fucks about as he walked past, playing his racket to a quick finish.*

"Epulugeees, epulugeees. A sung tuuk my heert und vuooldn't let it gu." He expressed apologetically, , waving at anyone who knew to look down for the source of the sound before stowing his bagpipe on his back to assure others that he wasn't going to be grabbing at it again anytime soon.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Os:
With the extra height afforded by stretching up as you have, the view of the situation is clearer now, probably more so than anyone else has currently.
What is revealed is a man and his associates trying to accost a woman who has, so far, escaped their clutches, but they seem to be responding slowly, as the confusion of the moment and the face melting bagpipe solo screeches through the air.

Syka:
While people seem confused by your actions, they are confused by everything right now, and it seems like you've... got away with it? Or maybe not got away with it, but have been assessed to be less distressing than the other things that are happening now.

Amberle:
You have escaped their grasp, but they are very close behind you, the distractions of this current situation only going so far.
What does really mix up the situation though, is one of the nearby market patrons realising that armed men are here, and shouting out in a manner that would not be amiss for reverend lovejoy's wife asking people to think of the children.

"Someone call the guards! They're armed!"

What follows, is bedlam. People closest to the event start to flee in all directions, and slowly, the panic starts to move through the crowd, the group of thugs pushing their way through people in pursuit.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She stops for a moment to asses her surroundings seeing the crowd flee in different directions, hearing the cry out for the guards she couldn't afford that thy would come in time to protect her.

Moving to a vendor selling clothing she slipped over and took a scarf and covered her head and face with it while the vendor was distracted

There were few places she could go to escape and she sighed then looked down and in doing so there was a grate that went down and under the square perhaps one of the only solutions but she would be unable to remove it on her own

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*Even without having some reward on his head, he was pretty sure he should probably scamper in case a guard looking to make his name yet avoid a fight against men with swords. Rio was silently nagging Hono about something, but the kobold couldn't quite make it out just yet.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Great now they were coming his way, what was that, armed, they were armed? Nono that was not a good thing. He looked around as people closed why were building so tall, and more than that why couldn't they have branches. He looked back over his shoulder to see where all the people were, and then around to see where the guards were, though the merchant was not too trusting of them.

He found a bench and decided that he'd stay close beside the building, out of the way of the others and letting te bench break the flow of people coming toward him, lowering himself back down and lifting the tip of his tail, curling it close to his body to keep it out of the way.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Os:
As the implacable sensible serpent man, you manage to get out of the path of the chaos and use the stalls to keep you out of the path of all but a few panicking people - those people generally do not try to go through you though, when they see you.
You do however see the people rushing around, and catch a few glimpses of the gang of thugs as they fight through the crowds, never keeping them in sight for long, but periodically one pops out before vanishing again.

Syka:
You are smol. People are not necessarily big, but they are bigger than you are right now, and this is a state of affairs that you are both familiar with, and probably considering completely unreasonable.
On the downside, you are buffeted around by people as the crowds flows like an angry river, and will likely sport some bruises after this... if that's something your people can do. On the upside, you have been wildly relocated across the street and no one likely has any idea at all where you are right now.

Amberle:
Amberle's quick thinking nets her a crude but serviceable disguise, melting away in to the press of bodies for a while. Unfortunately, one of the thugs has seen you, the one saving grace being that they have to communicate your whereabouts to the rest, and have to then get through the crowds to get you. You've been discovered, but you've got time and space to work with yet....

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa stayed where he was, glad people seemed to be avoiding him in the panic, at least taking a step off to the side, he wondered a little what the woman was going to do, she was a thief now even if she had been innocent before.

He wondered if there was a reward for turning in thieves, that might be worth the trouble, after all there was only one person still after her. His tongue flicking out to scent her so he could follow up safely distant.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Making eye contact with one of the thugs she separates from the crowd she looks around briefly for something she could use to lift the grate finding nothing she looked at the scarf and sighed if it were made of silk she might have been able to use it.

she stayed in the shadows for now, looking up she saw Osazses on the wall but kept to herself
~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*He took a moment to focus in on his new surrounding. He gathered in what he had seen and heard and just thought about it in the scheme of things.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Os:
Your very particular senses having managed to get something you can work with, a distinct scent among the crowd, even if it is tricky with this throng of people, which is starting to thin out as the bottlenecks start to break up as people leave the area. It's far from ceasing to be chaos yet, but it's starting to lull compared to the burst of frantic energy before.

Syka:
Your mind is slowly filled with foggy, vague imagery, like looking at something in the bottom of a pond, through ripples in the surface. There is a small porcelain cup, floating unsupported in space, the outside of the cup unblemished but for one small but unsightly chip. At a distance such a thing might not even be visible, but the closer one looks, the more unsightly the chipped surface becomes. There is no sense of impending disaster of fear, simply an unease that is sedate, but persistent...

Amberle:
Amberle heaves and tugs but the grate does not come free, perhaps wedged in place when all the people came charging through earlier. There doesn't appear to be anyone after her right now, the assailants from before still out in the crowd somewhere presumably...
(agility roll please, 1d20 + 1d4 if she intends to stay there and hide)

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa waited where he was, eyes scanning the crowd for the men chasing her as his tongue flickered out to keep track of the thief. He didn't want to be close if they found her, but content to stay pressed up where he was for the time being.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*There was a chill of unease that ran down his spine, but not something that prompted him to act immediately. There was something off about what he experienced, like a key that had gone flat unexpectedly. It wasn't the worse news, but something about this situation was amiss. He searches his mind for something that might resemble what he saw or a passage that might explain things.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Peeking out she sees no sign of the men or the called guards thinking some wretched call to arms they area and rolled her eyes.

"There has got to be a way out of here aside from the proverbial front door, if I ever see that woman again.."

She stepped out more into the open observing the situation

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Syka:
Your feelings about this chain of events and its severity are that this is not something that is going to be a disaster for the tapestry as a whole. Whatever it is, is a small problem compared to that scale, but it might be worth watching for escalation. Interpreting such things can be tricky without more time or evidence to work from.

Amberle:
You have still not been found as yet, it seems the confusion has made you a hard person to find, and while this is far from safe, it seems like it's okay to gather your thoughts for a time...

Os:
Seemingly content to bide your time for now, as she does not appear to have moved outside of your range to perceive her.

Erryone:
From across the market you can hear the sound of voices and various other noises - the local guard have appeared and apparently are now attempting to get through the crowds, organise the crowds, and generally restore order and find out what is going on. They are making headway, and while it is slow, it is sure to speed up...

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa saw her peeking out, the noise stopping him from making out what she was saying, He rose up, an idea coming to him as he heard the guards calling for people to clear out, searching the crowd for the men that had been searching for the thief on the run before electing to take the chance to slither up and toward her.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
Hearing the guards finally arrive she steps out more into the open taking a chance to make a break for it out of the market and back towards the Inn, she then stopped as she noticed Osazses coming towards her and she backed up slightly as one might do with a giant snake like being coming towards them.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*following his intuition, Honorio bolted off in a random direction that was most certainly away from the crowds and most likely away from the guards as well.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
Okay, this is easing towards player interaction stuff, so my role is more mediator than story teller now

Syka: No one is stopping Syka, he is free to bolt to his heart's content, the guards are still far enough away that identifying anyone in the thinning crowds is still unlikely.


Os and Amberle:

So, Os, Amberle is just stood there, for the most part, what does he do now? Guards are arriving, people are still fleeing the area, although not as hurried as they were before, the tense atmosphere is still thick on the air.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa straightened, as she came to a stop, before she thought he was with the others, he decided to try talking. "Missss I think you sshould come with me and give a report of what happend to the guardss."

He raised a hand out to the side, motioning toward one of the guards that was trying to get through the crowd.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She tilted her head slightly hearing his suggestion giving him a side glance as she considered what he said

"Perhaps, and what makes you think they will believe me?"

He was probably right though, it would be her best chance and even if they didn't believe her at least they would provide some protection from the thugs well at least until it was decided what to do with her either way she was screwed with no evidence, she needed backup and she doubted he was it.

"Alright, but first I need to speak to the bagpipe player, I think he saw what happened and could help. I owe him thanks for his distraction if nothing else"
~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Syka   
*and yet, said figure is most likely fleeing from their space, in possible (?) and improbable pursuit of the actual package.*

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
Osa lifted himself up to look over the thining crowd and searching for anyone that could possibly have played the bagpipes that distractedly, mainly focusing on anyone holding some kind of wind instrument for as loud as it was it could not have been small.

"Well I would sssay, that you have little to lossse, with that, and a dissstraction, well let me sssee if I can ssspot him..." He said, continuing to scan the crowd for him.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Amberle Steale   
She sighed then nodded looking along with him, she was becoming agitated in short order feeling helpless as she feared for her future, falling here was starting to seem like a fresh new hell rather than a new beginning

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake   
The guards have restored order to a lot of the market space, and are now canvassing the area for trouble, if anyone is to do or say anything, now is probably the time as after this pretty much anyone still present is spending some time answering questions about this whole crazy chain of events.

Os:
Disappearing out of sight and around a corner is a small being, it's almost more bagpipes than it is creature really. It appears like -insert syka's image here- and is apparently both incredibly fast on its feet, and incredibly bad at using its feet at the same time. Why you get this impression you don't know, but with those two rolls, I had to comment about it somewhere in here.
You have a very good idea of what direction it is going, and how fast, but without further pursuit, it is small enough that losing it in a crowd is more a matter of when, than if.

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Osazses   
A reptile, well that was interesting. He took a breath and let out a hissing sigh. "He isss running." A simple statement that would convey something, his head twitching toward where the man seemed to be running toward, not sure if she wanted to run after him to thank him or trust fate to see they would meet again and make her report to the guards

~ ~ ~ ~
Posted by Snowflake
Everyone who is still present is being rounded up now, and questioned, and the process is both slow, and tedious for everyone involved. The questions are repetitive, and the people who ask them are very unhappy about this whole fiasco, and moreso when the only information available is pretty flimsy, and some of the people present may or may not be an actual part of the... Spree that appears to have taken place. Eventually, people are allowed to go on their way once what details there are, have been worked out, and there is little to come regarding consequence.

Amberle is pretty much told to not leave town, but given all they actually had on her was a scarf, and she's a new skaldborne, it's mostly been glossed over as one of those wacky Skaldborne up to their antics again.
She may be questioned again, but right now, short of being told not to disappear in to the night (and return or pay for that scarf), she has come out of this rather well.

Part one - thieves - fin.